Video Moving Tips from Allied Van Lines
Video 4: What to Expect on Moving Day
You're ready to move to your new home, you've got your moving crew scheduled to come and pack up your belongings and get them on the truck. What should you expect once the movers arrive at your home on moving day?
We'll answer some of the common questions we get as Allied Van Lines agents, such as:
- When will the movers show up?
- How will they pack my belongings?
- What documents will I need to sign?
Here's your seven step outline of what will happen on moving day:
- The moving company will set a date well in advance of their arrival. If you don't know when your move is scheduled to start, don't hesitate to call your move coordinator.
- Once the moving crew arrives on the day of your move you can call your move coordinator with questions, or talk to the driver. Your driver is normally the supervisor of the crew, and is the person you can go to with any questions or concerns on your moving day.
- The condition of each item is assessed and noted. Look over this inventory with your mover to make sure that you agree with what was written about your items.
- Your packing team will use boxes that are specifically made for dishes, clothes, and other delicate or breakable items.
- Be sure to put aside the items that you want to keep with you for personal use, or to pack in the car. In addition to those personal effects that you'll want with you during your move, you may want to carry your high value possessions with you as well.
- Furniture will be pad wrapped and strategically loaded in the moving truck to make sure each item fits.
- Don't be concerned if your belongings seem as if they are placed in a disorganized fashion on the truck. You'll have an opportunity to tell the moving crew where you want each item placed in your new home.
- This document outlines the moving estimate, the selected level of valuation, and the expected delivery dates. Be sure to look over this document carefully before signing.
What to Expect on Delivery Day
- The driver will hand you the inventory sheets, and as each box is carried into the house the moving crew will call out the box numbers so that you can check the box off the inventory list.
- Once each box is moved into your new home, you'll be asked to sign the inventory sheets and the customer checkoff sheet. Be sure to review everything before signing.
- If any items are missing or damaged, note this on the inventory and notify the moving company right away.
- If you've requested and paid for unpacking services, it will be done by the driver the day of delivery or the day after. Each box will be unpacked and the items set up in the rooms you previously requested them to be in.
- If you are unpacking your belongings yourself, please be sure to request that we pick up the used boxes so that we can dispose of them properly.
Now you know what to expect both on moving day and when your household items get delivered. We hope you feel better prepared for your move with Allied Van Lines. If you have any questions call your local Allied agent, Piepho Moving & Storage at 800-622-4515.